Wednesday, October 21, 2009

She's 2!

Today Marks Madeleine 2nd Birthday.
I decided to write her a letter (something I'll try and do with each kid on their Birthday)

Dear Maddie,
When you entered the world and breathed your first breath of air, it was 2 years ago today.
For some reason I expected you to look just like your sister, but you didn't. You were your own person, same parents different person. I remember I slept with you in my hospital bed for 5 hours straight and the nurse came in and woke us up for you to eat. I think we were both irritated it was a rough day for the both of us. Now jump forward two years and you wake up with a smile every time. You get me out of my grumpy funk in the mornings when I walk into your room and you quickly jump up and yell, "Mama I wake up!" I love it how when you want to tell me something you tilt your head to the side and look me right into my face and tell me what you want. When you lay your head on my chest and I rest my head on your course curly hair, it warms me. You are the comedian of the family always looking for a laugh. I think you make me laugh everyday and it lightens my load. You are a blessing in every way. Happy Birthday my little love.
mama

1 comment:

erin said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! I think you are a wonderful, beautiful little girl :)
Where are you guys in that photo? I like this letter idea.